Description

Married to a Soldier, in love with a Marine: This is the story of a lost wife,
trying to find her way to happiness and harmony, without losing herself along the way.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Picture


That didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would.

Earlier today I had been trying to locate the various things I had collected during my relationship with The Marine.  I kept stumbling upon things that would remind me of him and decided to make a mental catalog of it all so I could box it up and keep that from happening.  I located a few items but could not find the framed photograph that he had given me for Christmas.  I was almost relieved that I wouldn’t have to see it yet.

Until, just now when I was looking for my purple pen, I opened a box I hadn’t looked hard enough in and found the frame under my journals.  And it was kind of like having a sack of rocks thrown at my stomach.  I felt the pain in my heart when I looked at the smiling couple, but it didn’t destroy me the way I probably suspected it would.  I had to put it away quickly and change tasks right away, but the tears didn’t last long and I was able to calmly work through it.  But it made me see that I was right and I should probably put away all the things that were special to me and The Marine.

Now to find a big enough box.



Holding On

No comments:

Post a Comment